The days of paper forms and files are a virtual thing of the past in terms of business workflow. In all likelihood, the vast majority of your employees and customers are linked to the internet already. Online forms are fast, easy and efficient. They also can exceed what your business is doing now in terms of information collection if you set up a strategic system tailored to your business needs.
Benefits of Online Forms
One of the keys to a successful business is data collection. Having information readily available and at hand underscores the efficiency of business workflow exponentially. Online forms allow advantages such as:
- Accessibility: Strategic partners can use them in-house or remotely
- Efficiency: Online forms reduce internal costs with regards to processing labor, office supplies and repeat information access. You no longer need to have customers or clients fill out forms and then scan an electronic version into your computer network.
- Communication: You can designate multiple departments to interact with completed forms. Everyone can be on the same page.
- Data Collection: Mobile forms allow you to designate the difference between necessary and option information. This can be created in a way you capture those items that help grow you business.
- Security: A paper file is there for anyone to open and read. Online forms can be password protected or you can go as far as encrypting sensitive materials and place them on a secure server. The level of protection can be decided based upon your business’s needs.
The advancements of electronic-based work forms are no longer simple, standard survey gathering tools. Online forms now allow you to have a robust interaction with clients, customers and share data with designated employees depending on how you want to orchestrate your workflow. For example, even a basic form could accomplish these tasks:
- Create an information request
- Capture strategic data for future use
- Furnish information requested with confirmation of receipt
- Loop in employees and strategic support personnel
- Allow designated personnel to strategically edit information and requests
- Provide remote access to important information
The simplest online forms provide you with the ability to create a virtual information hub that brings together pertinent information about clients and their needs to employees, support teams and management.
Design Your Forms
When moving to or upgrading online forms, it’s important to have an e-document that covers all the bases. You’ll want to collect as much information as possible while creating a seamless workflow. It’s okay to incorporate optional information lines into the body of necessary questions. Be sure to include all the fundamentals, such as:
- Contact info
- Password protections
- Request info
- Administrative sections
- Email directives
- Share options
- Excel table options for analysis
It’s also important that you select or customize a template that encompasses all of your business workflow targets.
Online forms are no longer the next generation in business efficiencies; they are the standard of today’s industries and virtual workforce. Whether you are still using clipboards and pens or are utilizing outdated online forms, modernizing your documents can only upgrade your internal and external business workflow.